[PPL-devel] Re: Polyhedra bounded by stricts inequalities...

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Feb 27 18:57:12 CET 2002

Christophe Lohr wrote:
>   I'm looking for a polyhedra library able to compute inclusion test and
> union of polyhedra bounded by stricts and larges inequalities.
>   PPL is very interesting !
>
> But I have some doubt : with PPL, is it possible to compute polyhedra
> bounded by stricts inequalities as Bertrand Jeannet do in POLKA by
> introducing special variable epsilon...?

Dear Cristophe,

even though we have started writing our TODO list only today*
supporting polyhedra bounded by strict inequalities is at the top.
In fact we have almost completed the feasibility study and we are
about to add that capability.  Even though with software one can
never make real promises, I expect we might have this ready for public
consumption in a month or so.  Of course, if you are willing to beta-test
preliminary versions we might be able to give you something to play with
before that time.  When you say that your inequalities are large do you
mean that they involve a large number of variables?  If so, how many?
More generally, we would love to hear about your application so as to
better guide the future of the library.
All the best

      Roberto

* http://www.cs.unipr.it/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ppl/TODO?rev=1.5&content-type=text/plain