[PPL-devel] Parma Polyhedra Library 0.3

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Feb 26 19:34:37 CET 2002

We are glad to announce the release 0.3 of the Parma Polyhedra Library.
The Parma Polyhedra Library (PPL) is a modern C++ library for the
manipulation of convex polyhedra.
For more information, visit the PPL web site at

      http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/

The PPL development team:

     Roberto Bagnara  <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>
     Patricia M. Hill <hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk>
     Elisa Ricci      <ericci at cs.unipr.it>
     Enea Zaffanella  <zaffanella at cs.unipr.it>

New Features
============

o  The library has been ported under libtool: it is now possible
    to build dynamic libraries as well.

o  We now use the integer C++ class of GMP to represent the
    coefficients of constraints and generators, instead of our own
    (very much inferior) Integer class.  The drawback is that we
    now require GMP 4.0.1 or higher.

o  New methods Polyhedron::convex_difference_assign(const Polyhedron&) and
    Polyhedron::convex_difference_assign_and_minimize(const Polyhedron&).
    They assigns to *this the convex hull of the set-theoretic difference
    of *this and the argument (possibly non minimized or minimized,
    respectively).

o  The method Polyhedron::add_generators(GenSys&) is now lazy,
    i.e., no minimization is performed.  Adding generators and
    minimizing at the same time is provided by the method
    Polyhedron::add_generators_and_minimize(GenSys&).
    These methods now throw an exception if the resulting
    polyhedron would be illegal.

o  Some performance improvements.

o  Added more test programs.

Bugfixes
========

o  Fixed Polyhedron::satisfies(const Constraints&) and
    Polyhedron::affine_image().

o  Polyhedron::limited_widening_assign(const Polyhedron&, ConSys&)
    was erroneously returning a (random) boolean: it is now a void
    method.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it