[PPL-devel] [Fwd: Re: About 'undefined symbol: __gmp_asprintf_memory']

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Dec 15 13:39:45 CET 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: About 'undefined symbol: __gmp_asprintf_memory'
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:18:34 +0800
From: pengyu <pengyu at crypto.ee.ncku.edu.tw>
To: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>

Dear Roberto:

Thank you for your help.
I'm sorry it isn't the PLL problem.(I use gmp only)
I test the gmp 4.1 in GCC 3.2(OS is Red Hat 8.0), the problem has
disappeared.
I think the problem is caused by the older version of GCC.
In GMP manual, it commend us use GCC 2.9 if we want to use C++ interface
supported by GMP.
But when I use GCC 2.96, it still has the problem.

pengyu
Pengyu Hsieh, Master student
Cryptography and Network Security Lab.
Department of Electrical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan

----

The original environment:
OS: Red Hat 7.2
GCC version is 2.96
GMP version is 4.1

----

The command I configure it with is as following.(configure GMP)
./configure --enable-cxx

----

I use the following command to compiler the file.(no warnning, no error)
g++ gmp_test.cpp -o gmp_test -lgmpxx

When I execute the executable file. The error message is as following
./gmp_test: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/libgmpxx.so.3: undefined symbol __gmp_asprintf_memory

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it