[PPL-devel] minimized_constraints() problem in 0.4.2

kmixter at longshot.com kmixter at longshot.com
Wed Dec 4 18:52:46 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm doing a first pass at integrating PPL with the Action Language
Verifier under Dr. Tevfik Bultan at UC Santa Barbara.  I've run into what
appears to be a problem in the most recent 0.4.2 release. Please let me
know as soon as possible if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a genuine
problem.  I'd like to have an integration I can show next week.

The problem is that minimized_constraints is crashing when it gets down
into strongly_minimize_constraints:

if (topologically_closed || !strict_inequals_saturate_all_rays) {
    assert(cs_rows < cs.num_rows());

The condition topologically_closed is true, but cs_rows == cs.num_rows().

Here is the testcase which reproduces the condition:
#include "ppl.hh"
using namespace Parma_Polyhedra_Library;

int main()
{
  Variable x2(0), x3(1), x5(2);
  NNC_Polyhedron poly(3, Polyhedron::UNIVERSE);

  poly.add_constraint(x5 > x2);
  poly.add_constraint(x3 >= x2);
  poly.add_constraint(x2 + 1 > x3);

  poly.minimized_constraints();