[PPL-devel] A couple of standard issues

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sat Aug 10 08:05:34 CEST 2002

Hi there,

I have finally managed to produce a working XSB interface
for the Parma Polyhedra Library (http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/).
Apart from the problems I have already reported, I had to get
around the following limitations of XSB:

1) The standard streams `user_input' and `user_output' are
    missing.  I had to use the following ugly hack:

    #define user_input user
    #include "source_using_user_input"

    A better solution is welcome, of course.

2) The flush_output/1 standard predicate is missing.
    In my case I have to flush only the `user_output'
    stream.  So, temporarily, I am using the following
    horrible hack:

    :- import file_flush/2 from file_io.

    flush_output(user_output) :-
      file_flush(0, _).

I look forward to the new releases of XSB.
All the best, and thanks for your help

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it