[PPL-devel] Re: State of interface

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Apr 4 07:26:40 CEST 2002

Manuel Carro wrote:
>     Still some problems:
>
>  [boris at balboa ppl]$ autoreconf --force --verbose
>  autoreconf: working in `.'
>  autoreconf: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
>  autoreconf: `aclocal.m4' is unchanged
>  autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
>  autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
>  autoreconf: running: automake --force-missing
>  autoreconf: running: autoconf --force
>  configure.ac:270: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
>  configure.ac:271: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
>  configure.ac:272: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
>  configure.ac:273: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>  autoreconf: autoconf failed with exit status: 1
>   at /home/boris/bin/autoreconf line 378

Thi is strange: the bit `not using Libtool' is particularly
suspicious.  Here is what I get if I checkout a fresh copy of
the sources and reconfigure them:

[roberto at spartacus ppl]$ autoreconf --force --verbose
autoreconf: working in `.'
autoreconf: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
autoreconf: `aclocal.m4' is created
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: configure.ac: not running libtoolize: --install not given
autoreconf: running: automake --force-missing
autoreconf: running: autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: autoheader --force
autoheader: `config.h.in' is unchanged
[roberto at spartacus ppl]$

It would seem something wrong with the installation of libtool.
I may have a look to balboa if you want.
Ciao

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it