[PPL-devel] Overhead of the generalization

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Apr 1 09:26:04 CEST 2002

Here is how much time China took for analyzing the entire
benchmark suite with our domain of closed polyhedra, in random
days during the development of the generalization that allows
us to deal with NNC polyhedra:

Mar 15     2439.11
Mar 16     2427.51
Mar 17     2448.84
Mar 18     2459.51
Mar 19     2414.16
Mar 22     2428.86
Mar 23     2468.88
Apr 01     2538.46

The merge took place in the night between Marh 26 and 27.
It looks like the overhead is greater than 4%. This is not
very bad, but I expected it to be under 1%.  A figure of >4%
almost certainly means that we are paying a lot at the
Row level.  I hope we can improve the implementation so as
to recover what we have lost.
Ciao

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it