[PPL-devel] To summarize [Was: Feature request: optionally compile with support for exceptions]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Oct 29 10:07:27 CET 2001

Hi there,

it looks like I was not very successful in explaining why we absolutely
need GMP to be compiled with exception support (and, in the long run,
to be exception-safe).  Absolutely means that we have only two choices:

1) we work with the GMP people to get this done in a way that satisfies
   everybody; or
2) we distribute our own patched version of the GMP (sources and binaries).

If at all possible, we want to avoid 2, but we need to know whether the
GMP people is available for alternative 1.

P.S.  You can learn more about one of the projects where the functionality
      we require is needed at http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/

--
Roberto Bagnara
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it