[PPL-devel] Re: [Doxygen-users] hiding internal classes.

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Oct 25 15:06:47 CEST 2001

"Jesper K. Pedersen" wrote:

> If I have an internal class for a library, is there then a way to hide it
> (i.e. make sure that it does not appear in the documentation)?

Hi Jesper,

here is the hack we use in the Parma Polyhedra Library
(http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/):

#ifdef PPL_DOXYGEN_INCLUDE_IMPLEMENTATION_DETAILS
/*!
  This class implements conjunctions of assertions about a polyhedron.
  The assertions supported are:
  - <EM>zero-dim</EM>: the polyhedron is the zero-dimensional singleton
    \f$\Rset^0 = \{\cdot\}\f$;
  - <EM>empty</EM>: the polyhedron is the empty set;
  - <EM>constraints up-to-date</EM>: the polyhedron is correctly
    characterized by the attached system of constraints;
#endif // PPL_DOXYGEN_INCLUDE_IMPLEMENTATION_DETAILS
class Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Status {
};

Then when producing the developer's manual we have

PREDEFINED = PPL_DOXYGEN_INCLUDE_IMPLEMENTATION_DETAILS

in the Doxygen configuration file.
When producing the user's manual we use a configuration
file saying

PREDEFINED =

As I said, it is a hack and I really hope there is/will be
a better way to do that.  Of course, we have the same problem
with "internal" functions, "internal" enums... anything.

Roberto Bagnara
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it