[PPL-devel] Feature request: optionally compile with support for exceptions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Oct 23 07:48:48 CEST 2001

Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> We're working hard on the new release.  When we are ready,
> we will release.

Hi there,

it would be nice to be able to write `--enable-exceptions' in the
GMP configure command line so that, if GMP is compiled with GCC,
the `-fexceptions' option is used.  This is necessary to have,
e.g., `bad_alloc' thrown when virtual memory is exhausted and most
serious C++ GMP users will want to do that.  Of course, the default
can/should be `--disable-exceptions'.

If you give me access to the sources I will be happy to provide
a patch to that effect.

Since there is a new release scheduled and this release has
a C++ interface to the library, I believed this was the right
time to raise the issue.
Keep up the great work,

Roberto Bagnara
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it