[PPL-devel] the user and developers manuals

P M Hill hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 13:57:17 CEST 2001

Hi,

I am seeing how to tidy and improve the manuals generated from
definitions.dox.

This email is about the overall structure and, in particular the headings
and titles we are using.
The main title is "An Introduction to Convex Polyhedra".
The first actual section heading is later when it changes to the
developers manual and was
"Equivalence of homogeneous and inhomogeneous systems"
although I have already changed this to just "Homogeneous Systems".
There are then two other section headings "Decomposition" and
"Saturation".

It seems that these last two should just be the usual bold face type for a
definition heading and not section headers.

I think that we really just want two sections.
One at the start - the introduction for the users
and one when the developers part starts when we change to studying the
homogeneous representations.
There still needs to be an overall title for the document - I suggest
"Convex Polyhedra" or, maybe, "Convex Polyhedra and the PPL"
Then, immediately start the section "An Introduction to Convex Polyhedra"
Then later after Weil's theorem, a second section
"Homogeneous Systems" or, maybe
"Polyhedra Representations in the PPL".
or similar..?

Let me know if you object to this and/or have improved proposals.

ciao,
  Pat