[PPL-devel] definitions.dox

P M Hill hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 10:52:58 CEST 2001

Hi,

There are a few small things I would like to check with you before
changing the files.

I notice a rather mixed notation for vectors.
In most of the definitions x, x_1,...
are elements of \mathbb{R}^n or similar.
However,

1) in the definition of the combinations, we use p_1,...,p_k
I think we should use x_1,...,x_k as in the rest of the user
documentation.

2) in the definition of scalar product, x_1,...,x_n are the
components of the vector x and, therefore elements of \mathhbb{R}.
This is inconsistent with the rest of the paper.

I am trying to choose another letter for x_1,...,x_n and y_1,...,y_n for
this definition. Note that b and c are already used for vectors.
One possibility is to use \lambda_1,...,\lambda_n and \mu_1,...,\mu_n
since \lambda is already used in the definition of the different
combinations as elements of \mathbb{R} - and also in Minkowski's theorem.

ciao,
  Pat