[PPL-devel] Re: gprolog.h

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Nov 5 10:42:25 CET 2001

Daniel Diaz wrote:

> Hello Roberto, I have fixed all bugs you mentionned.

Thanks!

> > The last problem concerns the installation of gprolog.h:
> > it is not put in any path where C/C++ compilers would look
> > for it.  While it is OK to have it in
> >
> >     $prefix/gprolog-1.2.8/include/gprolog.h
> >
> > it would be handy if the installation procedure could
> > set up a symbolic link to it in, say,
> >
> >     $prefix/include/gprolog.h
> >
> > (unless the user explicitely requests something else, of course).
>
> I do not yet integrate this but if ou compile via gplc the include path should be correctly passed
> to the C compiler using -I... and you can also use the --c-compiler option if you want to use g++.
> This should solve this problem.

Yes, but my problem comes well before compilation, when my autoconf-generated
configure script tries to guess whether gprolog is installed and where gprolog.h is.
Perhaps not now, but in the long run I believe the include file will have to be
put into some standard place.
Thanks again for your help!

Roberto Bagnara
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it