[PPL-devel] duals and DD

P M Hill hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 17:17:12 CEST 2001

> > I will check the actual documentation and see if I can be of more
> > direct help.

Angela,

In conversion.cc, it says

  \param source  The matrix to convert: it may will be modified.
  \param start   The index of \p source row from which conversion begin.
  \param dest    The result of the conversion.
  \param sat     The matrix that tell us which lines of \p source is
                 saturated (or is only satisfied) by which lines of \p
dest.
  \param num_lines_or_equalities
                 The number of lines of the polyhedron or the number of
		 equality constraints in given \p dest matrix.
  \return        The number of lines of the polyhedron or the number of
		 equality constraints in the result of conversion.

I have tried to simplify this, but am not sure if there is a bug or just
that I do not understand this yet.
In num_lines_or_equalities, it says this is for the dest matrix.
I would expect it to be the source matrix as you also give this value
as the result returned.
This is my modified description for conversion.cc parameters,
It assumes that the 5th argument is intended to be wrt the
source matrix and not the dest,

  \param source  The matrix to convert: it may be modified.
  \param start   The index of \p source row where the conversion begins.
  \param dest    The result of the conversion.
  \param sat     The saturation matrix between \p source and \p dest.
  \param num_lines_or_equalities
                 The number of lines or the number of
		 equality constraints in the given \p source matrix.
  \return        The number of lines or the number of
		 equality constraints in the computed \p dest matrix.

I will look at the description next.

ciao,
  Pat