[PPL-devel] 2 copies of everything?

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Jun 8 11:41:40 CEST 2001

Dear all,

the second argument against the mailing list was about getting
two copies of everything.  I have checked: this can only happen
when people mails the list AND, say, CC an individual.
In this case that individual will get two copies.
So the solution is simple: have ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it
has the only receipient.  If someone is interested he
is on the list, if he isn't it does not make sense you
bother him/her with your messages.  He/she may also
be interested and will browse the list archives from time
to time, and/or he/she may choose the digest format
so as to receive just one collective message per day
from the list.

One possible source of unneeded CC's was due to the
configuration of mailman.  Now it will set the
Reply-To field to be the list itself, so that
simply hitting the reply button will do the right thing.
Ciao,

     Roberto

P.S.    I did not get a copy of the previous message I sent
        to the list, so I guess the "don't send to sender"
        option is working.

P.P.S.  For the rebel: please tell me if you are satisfied
        or if you want the war ;-)

--
Roberto Bagnara
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it