[PURRS-devel] problem with PURRS ? - with regards to OEIS's A136429

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Apr 7 14:08:34 CEST 2008

Alexander Povolotsky wrote:
> x(n-1) + x(n-2) + x(n-3)
> x(0) = 1; x(1) = 1; x(2) = 1
>
> PURRS output "memory limit exceeded"

Dear Alexander,

apparently you have stumbled upon what appears to be a bug in PURRS.
Unfortunately, we are not currently actively developing PURRS
as we are busy developing one of its intended client applications:
an analyzer for C programs.  Work on PURRS will be resumed when this
is ready and we will be back to complexity analysis.
Meanwhile, you are welcome to investigate this and other problem
more deeply and to submit candidate solutions: we will be happy
to integrate them into the CVS repository and even to give
you read/write access to it, in case you plan to engage into
serious PURRS development work.

P.S. Please do not mail addresses other than purrs-devel at cs.unipr.it:
      all the PURRS people subscribe to that list.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it