[PURRS-devel] problem with PURRS ? - with regards to OEIS's A136429

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Mon Apr 7 09:29:17 CEST 2008

Alexander Povolotsky wrote:
> x(n-1) + x(n-2) + x(n-3)
> x(0) = 1; x(1) = 1; x(2) = 1
>
> PURRS output "memory limit exceeded"

I guess that you obtained this via the web interface demo.
The bare point is that the solver in the web interface has been tailored
to only use a limited amount of both CPU time and system memory, so as
to avoid our web server to become unresponsive: since the computation
above requires more memory, a deliberate error condition is raised.
You can still solve the same recurrence using the web interface,
provided you remove the initial conditions (and you do not ask for the
verification of the solution).

Cheers,
Enea Zaffanella.