[PURRS-devel] make

Andrea Pescetti pescetti at cs.unipr.it
Sun Dec 18 18:40:08 CET 2005

Jorge Navas ha scritto:
> > is GiNaC correctly installed and configured on your system?
>
> It looks like OK
>
> > You might want to post a compressed version of config.log, the
> > "configure" log file, for us to be able to better identify the problem.
>
> Yes, please.

Dear Jorge, I hope you will forgive the few days of delay that were
necessary for me to track down your problem.

I set up a Linux system as close as possible to yours, ran several tests
and concluded that you will need to upgrade your GCC from the 3.3 series
to the 3.4 series. We will shortly update our documentation.

This means you will have to:
* download the source package of GCC 3.4.5 (GCC 4.0.2 should work as
well, but I haven't checked; GCC 3.3.6, the last in the GCC 3.3 series,
won't work)
* configure it with a prefix different than /usr in order not to
interfere with your current GCC 3.3.3 installation
* compile and install it
* recompile with the new GCC the PURRS dependencies, i.e., GMP, CLN,
GiNaC, NTL, GIAC, CGICC. This part will be lengthy but completely
automated if you use the dependency installation script that comes with
PURRS in infrastructure/depinst.

Should you want detailed, step-by-step, instructions, I'll be glad to
provide them. Just ask.
Yours,
  Andrea Pescetti.