[PURRS-devel] PURRS installation

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Dec 9 08:35:34 CET 2005

Jorge Navas wrote:
> I'm sorry because I am not sure this is the properly mail list to report
> this problem.

Dear Jorge,

this is indeed the right list.

> I'm trying to install PURRS but when I run autoconf, it
> outputs the following message:
>
> configure.ac:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:28: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
> configure.ac:108: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_GMP
> configure.ac:126: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PATH_CLN
> configure.ac:133: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PATH_GINAC
> configure.ac:297: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
> configure.ac:298: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
> configure.ac:299: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
> configure.ac:300: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> configure.ac:306: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_USE_READLINE

Do you have recent versions of Automake and Libtool installed?
If not, please install Automake 1.9.6 and Libtool 1.5.20.
Moreover, I advise you not to invoke `autoconf' directly: do an
`autoreconf -f' instead.  Please let us know if you still have problems.

> I have tried to execute the checkout without the option z and also I have
> installed the newest version of autoconf. Any suggerences?

The `z' option of `cvs' has the only effect of compressing the data
exchanged with the CVS server.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it