[PURRS-devel] Re: CLN 1.1.5 and GCC 3.4.0

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Wed May 5 23:42:28 CEST 2004

Dear Roberto!

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> apparently, CLN 1.1.5 does not compile with the
> newly released GCC 3.4.0.  My understanding is
> that CLN 1.1.5 is relying on some non-standard
> language constructs that are now rejected by g++.

It's the new recursive decent C++ language parser in GCC 3.4.0, which is
better in checking conformance than the implementor of the hash functions
was.  ;-)

> Are there any plans to solve this problem?

It's been fixed in CLN-1.1.6, released in January this year.  CLN-1.1.7 is
the current release.  May the reason you're not aware of these releases be
related to you checking the wrong FTP sites?  I've stopped advertising
anything but <ftp://ftpthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/pub/gnu/> since I realized
that they are extremely slooow, the reason being the resposible persons
being travelling and/or their mailboxes completely drowned in SPAM.

Regards
    -richy.
--
Richard B. Kreckel