[PURRS-devel] Re: Giac 0.4.0 and GCC 3.4.0

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed May 5 20:17:12 CEST 2004

bernard.parisse wrote:
> First I'm not a C++ expert, therefore I might be wrong, but I
> don't see anything non-standard inside my code (at least there).
> Since it compiles with gcc 2.95 to gcc 3.3, either it's a gcc bug
> or it should be possible to find what's wrong by looking
> at the gcc Changelog. I'll probably try to compile with gcc 3.4 in the next
> few days and I'll keep you informed.

Dear Bernard,

one of the problems appears to be in line 151 of monomial.h,
where a pair of parentheses seems to be missing.
Here is the relevant snippet:

template <class T>
monomial<T> Untrunc1(const T & t,int j=0){
   index_m new_i;
   new_i.i()->push_back(j);
   //     ^^ HERE!
   return monomial<T>(t,new_i);