[PURRS-devel] [Fwd: Re: Apparent non-termination of NTL's `make check' (version 5.3.2)]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Jul 4 16:09:46 CEST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Apparent non-termination of NTL's  `make check' (version 5.3.2)
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:56:57 -0400
From: victor shoup <shoup at cs.nyu.edu>
To: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>

I just thought of one other thing to try.
Recompile everything with -O2, but ./configure with NTL_CLEAN_INT=on
NTL_CLEAN_PTR=on
To be honest, I'd be surprised if this worked, but if it does, that
would be very interesting to me.
These flags are supposed to avoid some code sequences that make
assumptions that go
beyond the language standard (but which seem to be universally
implemented).

Some other things to investigate:  are the problems ONLY with the
subset program?
Try removing that from the test script, and see if all the other tests
pass (which they apparently do,
up to that one).

Finally, I guess one should try compiling with -g -O2, and run the
subset program in gdb,
force it to quit when its in an infinite loop, and get a
backtrace...now that I think of it, I guess this is
the first thing one should really try!

   -- Victor

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it