[PURRS-devel] base case assumptions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Dec 28 17:50:26 CET 2003

Shailesh Humbad wrote:
> I am having a problem with the online version of PURRS.
 > I tried it on a recurrence relation derived from an algorithm
 > I'm working on, and the resulting formula is off by one for even n.
 > I believe it may be something to do with our assumptions for the base
 > cases and starting index.  Is that something that would affect the
results?

Dear Shailesh,

you are right: the online demo assumes that, for a recurrence of order
k, the initial conditions are given for x(0), ..., x(k-1).
We are working at a revision of our system (that currently is, remember,
only a research prototype) that will allow to specify any set of
initial conditions and special cases.
We will also extend the online demo so as to make this facilities
available through the web.

> Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Thanks for your input.
Have a great 2004,

     Roberto Bagnara on behalf of the PURRS team

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it