[PURRS-devel] Re: [Fwd: fi_lib++]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Feb 6 13:17:08 CET 2002

German Tischler wrote:

> Dear Mr. Bagnara,
>
> thank you for your interest in filib++ and your patches, I have
> merged them into our source repository. Please find our answers
> in the quoted text below.
>

>>Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:32:30 +0100
>>From: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>
>>To: wolff at informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de,
>>   werner.hofschuster at math.uni-karlsruhe.de,
>>   walter.kraemer at math.uni-karlsruhe.de
>>CC: purrs-devel at cs.unipr.it
>>Subject: fi_lib++
>>
>>Dear Sirs,
>>
>>first of all I would like to thank you for fi_lib++.
>>I have just finished reading the documentation and
>>it turns out that fi_lib++ has almost all the features
>>of the library I was writing myself.  I have a few questions:
>>
>>1) What is the official web site for the library?
>>

> If there is news concerning the library, we will put it up at
>
> http://www2.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/mitarbeiter/wvg/Public
>

>>2) Is there a mailing list for fi_lib++ users and developers?
>>

> So far the public interest on the library has not been high.
> Therefore we didn't yet see a cause for having a mailing list.
>

>>3) If not, to whom should I report bugs and improvements?
>>

> You should be able to get the quickest response on bug reports
> and improvements by sending an email to me (German Tischler
> <tanis at informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>), but please also send
> a carbon copy to Prof. Wolff von Gudenberg
> (<wolff at informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>).
>
> If you are interested in a current development version, just tell me.

Dear German,

thanks for your message.  I am certainly interested in the current
development version.  What I would like to avoid is my group and
myself having to maintain another version of filib++.  It is for this
reason that it is important to have a web site where updated versions
can be retrieved quickly and a mailing list so that the users can
be kept up to date.  Our first need is an extension of the library
to deal with complex numbers.  A good starting point would seem
to be CoStLy (http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Markus.Neher/CoStLy.html).
Do you plan to develop such an extension in the immediate future?
All the best

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it