[PURRS-devel] [Fwd: Re: CoStLy 0.3]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Dec 8 10:17:37 CET 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: CoStLy 0.3
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 10:14:26 +0100
From: Markus Neher <markus.neher at math.uni-karlsruhe.de>
To: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>
CC: Eble, Ingo <ingo.eble at math.uni-karlsruhe.de>

Dear Roberto,

thanks for your email. It surely helps us to improve CoStLy.

> thanks for the beta.  In order to be able to use it we had to make
> the corrections you will find in the attached patch.  They fall into
> 5 categories: (...)

I will talk to Ingo on these points.

> We are now using the revised beta version.  However, we could not disable
> our wrapper around the pow() function, since CoStLy still throws an exception
> for invocations like, e.g., pow(([-0.5, -0.5],[0, 0]), ([-1, -1],[0, 0])).
> Do you plan to address also this case?

Perhaps this is an oversight. I'll talk to Ingo about how to extend the
pow function for zero exponent.

Have you tried the pow_all function? That one should work for your
examples, but maybe you do not want to use it for other cases.

Best regards,

Markus

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it