[PPL-devel] difficulties building PPL 0.11.2 without "--enable-shared"

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed May 18 10:10:02 CEST 2011

On 05/18/11 04:25, Anthony Foiani wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'm compiling 0.11.2 on Linux (Fedora 14 x86-64, up to date).
>
> In particular, I'm using PPL as a part of a cross-compiling GCC
> install, so I'm trying to build it static-only.  With the default
> configure script, this causes a problem with the Java interface: the
> target to generate the ppl_java_generated_tests.java file is commented
> out, but it is still a prerequisite of something else.
>
> My first attempt was to simply configure "--enable-shared", but that
> caused issues later on.
>
> I fixed it (for my purposes) by configuring only C and C++ as
> interface languages.
>
> I don't know how you want to fix this; if JNI requires shared
> libraries, then configure should either error out on this combination,
> or warn and disable the Java interface. If there is no such
> requirement, then just creating the proper target rule in the Java
> interface makefile might work.
>
> Anyway, thank you very much for the tool!

Hi Anthony.

Thank you very much for your report.  The problem is already fixed
in the Git HEAD version
(http://www.cs.unipr.it/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ppl/ppl.git;a=commit;h=25bb77587944768581225d1c0048facab32cf019)
so that future release will be OK.
Please let us know if you spot further issues.
Thanks again,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it