[PPL-devel] a proposal for the FAQs

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jun 2 08:56:05 CEST 2009

Peter Pein wrote:
> I got the "GMP not found", because there had been a typo in an
> additional compiler option. "GMP not found" is quite misleading, isn't
> it? I suggest you add this possible reason for the message to
> http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/FAQ#GMP_Not_Found.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your suggestion. I implemented it with this commit:

http://www.cs.unipr.it/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ppl/w3ppl.git;a=commit;h=56f8c4ba34133ef4064189dd18a58f94febbea76

Concerning the message given by the configuration procedure,
which currently is "Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher",
you are right this is terse and perhaps misleading.
However, I am not sure how to change it.  I could think of
more accurate alternatives, but they are way too long.
One possibility would be to significantly complicate
ac_check_gmp.m4 in order to distinguish between the
different causes of failure.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it