[PPL-devel] PPL usage with cygwin for "Abstract Model Interpretation"

Ernst Sassen esassen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 14:38:20 CET 2006

Dear PPL Developers,

I am currently working on my master thesis: "Abstract Model Interpretation" that applies abstract interpretation on fomal models of software systems.

For implementing an abstract domain, I plan to use PPL for the handling of Polyhedra. Actually, we plan on accessing PPL from our Java code via a wrapper class in C++. Right now my problem is how to inlcude the PPL classes in my C++ project.

I am using a Windows XP System with cygwin. 'Make' and 'make install' of the PPL source directory worked fine.
However now I am unsure about how to actually include PPL classes (e.g. "Polyhedron") in a C++ project and also could find no further instructions in the user manual or the README and INSTALL files, provided.
Maybe you can help me answering this question:

- What is the intended usage of PPL? Should one just include "ppl.hh" and the created libraries?
Right now, this yields error messages like:"... undefined reference to `Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Init::Init[in-charge]()'
                    ...undefined reference to `Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Init::~Init [in-charge]()' "
The libraries libppl.a, ..., were created by 'make install' and should be accessible to g++. However, it seems the linker is unable to find the used library functions.

Your help will be much appreciated!

With best regards,

Ernst Sassen
Diplomand
Technische Universität München
Lehrstuhl für Software & Systems Engineering