[PPL-devel] make distclean purges gpl.txt and fdl.txt

Matthew Mundell mattm at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 16:49:27 CEST 2005

Thanks for trying to build the packages.

> I just tried the debian-packaging-rules and found, that when it does
> the initial distclean, gpl.txt and fdl.txt get lost. IMHO this happens
> due to them being incorporated in DIST_DOCS in doc/Makefile.in, which
> is added to CLEANFILES.

It's also due to their presence in ALL_TARGETS (used by the
mostlyclean-local rule).

Roberto, is the patch committed
(http://www.cs.unipr.it/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ppl/doc/Makefile.am.diff?cvsroot=ppl&r1=1.32&r2=1.33)
a suitable way to preserve these files?

> Furthermore, the following changes to debian/rules were required to
> succeed:

Thanks, equivalent changes committed.

One remaining issue with the packages is that libppl and the installed
GMP need to be compiled with the same version of g++.  Perhaps this is
OK for now as few people are likely to install libppl.  These people
can install the g++-3.4 package and then build GMP with the 3.4 g++.