[PPL-devel] Re: RFC: packaging the PPL for RedHat and Debian

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Mar 2 07:53:19 CET 2005

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> [...]
>

>> This package would have to depend on the availability of all 5 Prolog
>> systems and, in perspective also of OCaml, Java, Mathematica, ...
>> We need another idea.
>>
> Why does this interfaces-package depend on those systems - isn't it the
> other way round (if one intends to use PPL)? But ...

You may need the language X development environment installed for
installing the X-PPL interface.  If you package the interfaces X-PPL,
Y-PPL and Z-PPL together you may end up with the situation where the
user is only interested in X-PPL but is required to have also Y
installed in order to install the single interfaces package.
This is something we want to avoid right from the start.
Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it